Our principles of good learning in Science
Science in our school is good when:
- All year groups experience regular science lessons that make the most of the school’s science curriculum.
- Children and teachers are able to access and use a range of appropriate resources safely.
- Children are engaged in fun, interactive science lessons.
- Children are inspired to show their own curiosity of the world around them and explore this, through scientific enquiry based approaches and questioning.
- All children are engaged in practical investigations that develop curiosity and inquisitive minds.
- Knowledge is gained by the pupils and they are keen to find out more.
- Staff subject knowledge is secure and teachers feel confident to teach Science.
- There is a clear progression of transferable science skills taught.
- The school’s science assessment system supports progress in Science.