Janitor – Start Date Tuesday 2nd May 2023
Saint Gabriel’s Catholic Primary School
Headteacher: Mr J Hayes
Telephone: 01827 213910
Working hours are 4.00pm to 6.00pm Monday to Friday (10 hours a week) (although there can be some flexibility with these hours).
Salary Grade 2 £20,441 to £20,812 FTE – Pro Rata £5,524.59 to £5,624.86 per year (Permanent Whole Year Contract)
The role will include: -
- Closing the school each evening
- Filling the Toilet Roll and Paper Towel Dispensers and maintaining the stocks of these items
- Cleanliness of external bins and outside areas
- Be a Key Holder for emergency call outs (will be paid for any call outs)
The role will also require at times portage duties and moving furniture and equipment around the school. It would be an advantage to be able to assist the Caretaker with some tasks if needed.
The successful candidate will: -
- Be able to complete all physical requirements of the role e.g. lifting furniture and supplies and walking around site for the duration of time in school
- Be friendly, reliable and efficient
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
An online search will be undertaken on all shortlisted candidates. This search does not form part of the shortlisting process and you will have the opportunity to discuss any issues of concern that may arise from this search at the interview.
Informed telephone contact to find out more is available with Headteacher John Hayes or Bursar Steve Swatton, on Monday, Wednesday or Friday on 01827 213910.
To apply, please complete the application form available below and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand in a paper copy at the office.
Application Deadline: - Friday 3rd March 2023 9.00am
Interview Date: - To Be Advised