At St Gabriel’s Catholic Primary School, we greatly value the importance of the early years foundation stage (EYFS) in providing a secure foundation for children’s future learning and development.
Our aim is to ensure that each child has a happy and positive start to their school life in which they can build a foundation for a love of learning.
We ensure that children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe. We promote teaching and learning to ensure children’s readiness for the next stage of their education and give children a broad range of knowledge and skills that provide the right foundation for good future progress through school and life.
We seek to provide:
- Quality and consistency, so that every child makes good progress, and no child gets left behind.
- A secure foundation through learning and development opportunities which are planned around the needs and interests of each child and are assessed and reviewed regularly.
- Partnership working between practitioners and parents.
- Equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice, ensuring that every child is included and supported.
We follow the statutory framework and guidance detailed in the EYFS and using our extensive experience we observe, plan, and teach children in early years.
- We aim to make the child’s first experience of school happy, positive, and fun.
- We aim to foster a love of learning and develop enquiring minds.
- We aim to instil the Characteristics of Effective Learning such as independence, resilience, and confidence.
- We aim to promote emotional well-being
- We aim to build positive relationships and work in partnership with families (recognising that parents are their child’s first and foremost educator), carers and professionals to support every child to develop and learn.