The Pre-School aims to work in close partnership with parents and carers to develop the whole child in terms of intellectual, creative, social, emotional, physical, language and moral awareness.
- To provide a lively, attractive, stimulating and caring environment where each child can develop to his/her full potential.
- To develop language and literacy skills so that children can listen attentively and ask questions, express themselves and to instil in them a love of books.
- To develop children’s mathematical skills such as number recognition, pattern making and methods to problem solve which they can use at home and later at school.
- To provide a variety of creative, aesthetic, physical, scientific, technological, musical and educational activities.
- To give children the opportunity to gain observation and investigation skills crucial to raising awareness of knowledge and understanding of their environment and world in which they live.
- To provide the children with the opportunity to develop personal, social and emotional skills to be aware of their own needs and of the people around them. To respect and consider the consequences of their words and actions.
- To lead children gently towards independence.
- To prepare the children for entry into school.