We want all our children to become confident readers - a key part of this is by identifying those having difficulty very early on. These children are then provided with sufficient additional support to help them keep up.
• simple but effective continuous assessment, both informal and more formal
• regular progress reviews for all children
• methods of informal support understood by all teachers and teaching assistants, and
implemented as soon as necessary
• systems for formal support clearly established and implemented as soon as necessary
• plans and materials for effective support readily to hand and taught well.